Which title to use? There are so many possibilities:
- Donald Trump— “I Alone Can Fix It.”
- Irony, hypocrisy, and the GOP
- “So Much Winning”
- A GOP Day… Without Government
- America, the Worlds New Shithole.
- “So Much Winning!”
- The Government is Closed for Business
You get the idea. Today felt like Christmas morning… in that I didn’t know what I would find when I woke up.
After GOP leaders locked Democrats out of negotiations and instead sat with lobbyists to write tax legislation, that they passed on their own, they demanded Democrats sign the check. This standstill continued when I fell asleep… face in popcorn.
I woke weary with anticipation and looked at the news headlines on my phone with some satisfaction. I found the Democrats did not completely roll over to enable the failure that is Donald Trump to continue.
In fact, this was not a vote that went along party lines. There were a number of crossovers from both parties. Several Democrats from Red states voted yes to the proposed budget, and several Republicans voted no. More specifically, the following Republicans also voted against the budget— Senator Flake, Mike Lee, Rand Paul, and Lindsey O. Graham. Own it Mr. President.
In the end Mitch A.(Am-I-a-turtle) McConnell and Paul E.(Eats-small-children) Ryan did not have the votes. We can guess who they blame.
He who holds power of the majority, in all branches of government shall blame the minority, (democrats), for their own political impotence. — I am pretty sure that’s in the constitution.
Paul Ryan, who received government assistance as a child, tried to use children’s healthcare to shame members of congress into supporting their policies. In order to balance the tax cuts for Koch Industries, and Wells Fargo, and Pfizer, and Goldman Sacs, and Walmart and Apple and Exxon and etc. Ryan held a press conference implying that those who vote no “don’t want healthcare for kids.”
McConnell tweeted a similar sentiment.
Mitch McConnell is a no-brainer… literally. CHIP expired three months ago and the GOP could have reauthorized it at any time. They did not.
… and let’s try that old standby now
Can I Get A—
“What About Her Emails!?!”
What happens now that there is no government?
The Ten Commandments of Government shut down.
- The middle class shall get screwed. Government employees go on immediate unpaid leave.
- Thou shalt exclude politicians from unpaid part of #1. Politicians shall receive pay continuance.
- Thou shalt not attain passport. Who wants to leave this shithole anyway?
- Mail will prevail. Rain, sleet, snow, government shut down, nor hail, shall ever stop the US mail.
- Thou shalt not receive word of financial aid for college. Because planning for college isn’t stressful enough.
- Air Traffic Control, and Essential Military and Defense shall continue. Those who planned ahead with their passports can expect all typical ATC delays, of which they are accustomed, to proceed as usual.
- Thou shall not be ticketed for enjoying Dog Parks without permits. Grab your dog, Fish Face, and head over to the forest preserve dog park, No one will be on duty to ticket those without permits. (Don’t take my word on that, and it’s very muddy this time of year, so dress accordingly.)
- Mueller shall carry on his investigation.
- Grandma shall receive her social security and Medicare, (although perhaps delayed.)
- Donald S. (Stable Genius)Trump will golf on your dime. But you knew that.
How the press is covering this:
MSNBC: There’s a government shutdown looming.
CNN: shutdown 2018.
FOX: Searching the Woods for Hillary Clinton. Yep, it’s true.
In summation, McConnell did not even have 50 Republican votes, so he can not, (but will), blame Democrats.
IN OTHER NEWS:
- It has been a year since the Women’s March and we trod on, marching around the world again today.
- In an attempt to redeem themselves Deutsche Bank reported questionable transactions involving President Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, to German securities regulators and will forward the info to special prosecutor Robert Mueller.
- The FBI is investigating whether top Russian banker Alexander Torshin, who has close ties to the Kremlin, sent money to the NRA to help President Trump win the election. – Mclatchy reports
- Oh…marosa is lawyering up, word is she may have secretly taped White House conversations. Lordy, I hope there are tapes.
Happy Anniversary Donald Trump… is this what Happy is?