How is it the GOP is confident their tax plan will pass? When did healthcare cuts become part of the tax bill?
“Apparently somewhere between the salad course and the entree, it was decided that permanent corporate tax cuts should be paid for, in part, by kicking 13 million Americans off their health care and raising premiums for millions more,” ~Senator Ron Wyden, Top Democrat on Finance panel
This tax bill is a covert attempt to gut healthcare, but the GOP somehow believes it’s different than previous failed attacks on ACA. Why? This bill gives money to the billionaires who make large donations to campaign funds of GOP members, so more congressional republicans are likely to vote yes to keep their cash cows lactating.
Those GOP members who were outspoken when they voted against the previous attacks on healthcare might put greed over the health needs of average Americans, the same ones who voted them into office, in exchange for continued campaign donations.
As of Wednesday—
“Imagine taking more than $300 billion from older and sicker people who need health insurance, and giving that $300 billion to big corporations and wealthy people as a tax cut. That’s the GOP plan.” ~ Robert Reich:
Senator Claire McCaskill confronted GOP congressmen Orin Hatch as he lied about where the money to fund the tax cut will come from.
Other lies put forth by the GOP in attempts to quell public outrage:
- “This is a tax cut for the middle class.”
This is a tax increase for those who earn $50,000 or less, and many of those are the same people who will lose healthcare.
- “Giving corporate giants money back will allow them to invest in more jobs.”
In fact, CEO’s have stated they will NOT create jobs or use their extra money for anything other than personal enrichment.
Someone (Mitch) hasn’t gotten the memo that Americans want to keep ACA—
“This bill will effectively repeal Obamacare’s individual mandate tax so that we can provide even more tax relief to low- and middle-income families,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell—
This is a tax cut for the people who need it the least, the wealthiest 1% who already possess 38% of the nations wealth, and a healthcare repeal for the poor and middle class, wrapped up in 1 big shitty bill.
“I know the House is going to pass this bill. I’m one of those people who believes failure is not an option.” ~ House GOP Whip Steve Steve Scalise
Since we are discussing taxes, I would like to point out, while Trump and his people don’t want to contribute their own tax dollars, they have no problem spending other, poorer people’s money.
- Taxpayers are funding Donald Trump’s legal defense for lawsuits against his private businesses, paying for at least 10 DOJ lawyers and paralegals.
- Mike Pence spent over $14,000 in tax dollars on local police on his staged NFL stunt, during which he dramatically left the Indianapolis stadium in disgust when football players kneeled during the national anthem. The total cost for Pence to fly from Las Vegas, to Indianapolis for the game, $242,500 and that was all for less than 1 minute’s entertainment made on behalf of Donald Trump, and paid for by you and me.
- We all remember Steve Mnuchin and his latest and most evil trophy wife flying around chasing the eclipse on our tax dollar.
Our money and our health mean nothing to the people “we” (Putin) voted into office to represent us. It’s time to let them know we do not approve.
To acquire contact numbers for your specific members of Congress—
Or Call Congress with one number: 1-844-USA-0234
CALL ALL Senators today at: (202) 224 – 3121