“I am the first and only GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid.” ~Donald Trump 2015
He was lying.
Donald Trump and his administration do a lot of talking about cutting federal spending to reduce the deficit, but when they do, they never mention the reason the deficit has spiraled out of control— “The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act”.
How does Trump intend to reduce the deficit? His budget proposal outlines the following cuts:
- $1.5 trillion from Medicaid
- $845 billion from Medicare
- $84 billion from Disability
- $25 billion from Social Security
- $220 billion from SNAP food assistance program
- $207 billion from the Student Loan Program
- Section 8 Housing
- Head Start,
- Welfare Institutions code (WIC)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP),
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, (NOAA)
- National Institute of Health, (NIH)
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration, (NASA)
- National Sanitation Foundation, (NSF)
- Center for Disease Control, (CDC)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families,(TANF)
To be fair, Trump has to cut something in order to pay for the additional $1.85 trillion to the federal deficit, caused by the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act”. He’s essentially cutting everything to give himself and his wealthy friends and their corporations a free tax ride.
Don’t let it be said that Donald Trump isn’t giving to the rest of us too.
Just a couple of the new programs that have been added:
- Betsy Devos gets her $45.5 billion in tax credits to fund private schools
- Kleptocrat Barbie, Ivanka, gets $100 million- for some nonexistent program.
Trump did not provide documentation to support his new budget. He tries to hide his tax cut gift to the wealthy in the baseline of the budget.
This budget will not pass in Congress, but it will act as a scapegoat. Trump will blame the Democratic majority congress for the federal deficit, saying his budget would have eliminated it.
Donald Trump is a liar.