I must start this post by reminding you of Trump’s immediate reaction last week, just hours after a New York car attack killed 8- pedestrians and injured a dozen more in lower Manhattan. Our potus took immediate action, to enhance extreme vetting by immigration and border control.
In contrast, when a combined total of 84 people were murdered and over 500 others were shot in Las Vegas and TX, Donald Trump on both occasions said “this is not an appropriate time to discuss gun violence.”
A faint smell of hypocrisy is in the air.
Not to worry, in all cases he offers a panacea of “warmest condolences and sympathies.”
Incidentally, Donald Trump is selling a false narrative of events in Texas, claiming the bystander who happened to have a shotgun in his car, and drove after the shooter while communicating by phone with police, shot and killed the shooter. *WRONG*–the shooter had already fatally shot himself. The bystander with the shotgun did not approach the vehicle of the shooter, nor did he fire his shotgun at all.
Trump said if there had been gun control the bystander with the shotgun wouldn’t have stopped the mass murdering shooter who was armed with a the semi-automatic, and “hundreds more might have been shot.” Nice try Donald, you jackass.
The truth– $36.3 Million was paid by the NRA to Donald Trump to ensure there will never be an appropriate time to discuss gun control.
Several other politicians spoke out immediately offering their own “thoughts and prayers… paid for by the NRA.
- John McCain, Arizona — “Cindy & I are praying for the victims of the terrible #LasVegasShooting & their families.” $7,740,521 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Richard Burr, North Carolina — “My heart is with the people of Las Vegas and their first responders today. This morning’s tragic violence has absolutely no place here in America.” $6,986,620 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Roy Blunt, Missouri — “Saddened by the tragic loss of life in #LasVegas. My thoughts are with all of the families affected by this horrific attack.” $4,551,146 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Thom Tillis, North Carolina — “Susan and I send our deepest condolences and prayers to the families of the victims of this horrific and senseless tragedy in Las Vegas.” $4,418,012 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Cory Gardner, Colorado — “My family and I are praying for the families of those injured and killed in Las Vegas last night.” $3,879,064 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Marco Rubio, Florida — “I’m praying for all the victims, their families, and our first responders in the #LasVegas #MandalayBay shooting.” $3,303,355 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Joni Ernst, Iowa — “My prayers are with all of the victims in Las Vegas, and their loved ones affected by this senseless act of violence.” $3,124,273 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Rob Portman, Ohio — “Jane & I mourn the loss of innocent lives in this horrific attack in Las Vegas last night. We are praying for those taken from us, their families & all those injured in this attack.” $3,061,941 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Todd Young, Indiana — “We must offer our full support to the victims and their families as our nation mourns.” $2,896,732 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Bill Cassidy, Louisiana — “Following closely the horrendous act of violence in Las Vegas. Our prayers are with those who were injured, killed and their families.” $2,861,047 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
Are you bored yet? I am.
The House of Representatives:
- French Hill, Arkansas “Martha and I are praying for the families and victims of this senseless act of evil. […] We must continue to work together to stop this kind of terror.” $1,089,477 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Ken Buck, Colorado “I’m praying for all of those impacted by the evil events in Las Vegas last night. Our country must stand together in support of the families of the victims and the community.” $800,544 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- David Young, Iowa “My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families and friends of the horrific and evil tragedy in Las Vegas.” $707,662 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Mike Simpson, Idaho “Though no words can heal our hurt, and no explanation will ever feel sufficient, I pray that all involved may find comfort as we process this devastating tragedy.” $385,731 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Greg Gianforte, Montana No statement released– Would any reporter get close enough to him to get a statement with his violent history toward the press? $344,630 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Don Young, Alaska “Anne and I are praying for all those involved or impacted by this heinous act of violence.” $245,720 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Lloyd Smucker, Pennsylvania “Horrific act of violence in Las Vegas. Cindy and I pray for the victims, their families, and the first responders.” $221,736 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Bruce Poliquin, Maine “My thoughts are with all those effected in the horrifying attacks in Las Vegas. The nation is with you.” $201,398 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Pete Sessions, Texas “My deepest sympathies are with all who were harmed by this horrific tragedy.” $158,111 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
- Barbara Comstock, Virginia “I am heartbroken by the mass murder that took place last night in Las Vegas and I am praying for the victims, families, and first responders.” $137,232 — PAID BY THE N.R.A.
This country is under control of the NRA, Big Pharma, and Russia. Ignorance is bliss, so hang on to your Second Ammendment “Right to Bear Arms,” and be happy hugging your shotguns while you bury your families, and hold dear the knowledge that so many politicians send you their warmest condolences, thoughts and prayers.
Let’s consider something else Trump has yet to taken action on–
47 days after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico:
- 59% of the “island, surrounded by big water” is still without power
- 17% still without clean drinking water