Every year since 2001, 9/11 does a number on my head. The events of that day changed the way many people, myself included, look at the world. It wasn’t really the day I became a cynic, but that day took my cynicism to a new level.
I have been an Airline employee since 1991. Yes, that makes me old, however I haven’t changed at all…except now I have bangs. Anyway, I have a work friend who has devoted much of her free time to “waking people up” to the government’s role in 9/11. To be fair, I have more work friends who have accepted the “911 Commission” version of events, and many are unwilling to consider anything else.
My thoughts have always been that it all started when George W. Bush, with the help of his family, stole the presidency from Al Gore in 2000. Jeb Bush, you remember, was the Governor of Florida where the ballots were recounted numerous times.
“Hanging Chads” was a new phrase was born out of the endless dispute over questionable ballots and who people had intended to vote for. It came down to a Florida Supreme Court decision, and only 537 votes. Bush, (imho) stole the electoral win, while the popular vote went to Al Gore, and exactly like what happened in 2016, the loser won.
So back to 9/11. Conspiracy theories are out there for the viewing, check YouTube. The films are compelling. Pilots, engineers, firefighters, aeronautical experts, and countless others, a growing number of people, say the story we were spoon fed by the Bush/Cheney administration is a scientific impossibility.
There are a few varions of the theories. Some are more diabolical than others, but all swirl around the indisputable fact that the U.S. government used the attacks to justify a war against Iraq, a country wholly uninvolved in the 9/11 attack. Iraq had oil and Bush/Cheney wanted it.
Is there a better tool with which to control the public than debilitating fear? The administration needed an incident as shocking as Pearl Harbor to justify their war.
They used the events to push through legislation that otherwise would not have passed— for example: “the Patriot Act” pushed through 45 days after 9/11. It was, according to the ACLU, “the first of many changes to surveillance laws that made it easier for the government to spy on ordinary Americans by expanding the authority to monitor phone and email communications, collect bank and credit reporting records, and track the activity of innocent Americans on the Internet.” Hmm.
The Conspiracy Theories:
What I understand of the 3 proposed explanations whose status remains conjectural:
- The attack took place on the dime of an incompetent government and was used to further an agenda—an oil war. *Easy to believe considering GW can not pronounce “nuclear,” and Vice President/puppet-master Dick Cheney’s company Halliburton, one of the world’s largest oil field service companies, profited bigly.
- The government knew of the planned attack, but let it happen in order to use the event to further their agenda, a war for oil. *Again, Vice President Dick Cheney’s company Halliburton, one of the world’s largest oil field service companies, took the contracts.
- The third and most sinister theory implicates the government, claiming they used technology that had been around for decades: drones and holograms to create the images of the airplanes, and bombs to implode the buildings. *Again, Vice President Dick Cheney’s company Halliburton, one of the world’s largest oil field service companies, took the contracts and profited bigly.
This third theory is built on a foundation of discrepancies to original claims and revisions found in the final report by 911 Commission:
- Many of the phone calls made from the planes were made from cell phones at cruising altitudes above 30,000 feet, caller ID verifies this. Cell phones don’t work above 10,000 feet, and in 2001, they really, really didn’t work above 10,000 feet.
- Why did Tower 7 fall?
- Video footage of the impact show airplanes disappearing into the buildings. This defies the laws of physics. Aluminum slicing through steel without so much as a bent wing— really?
- The big detail that gives pause to this 3rd theory is— where are the airplanes? The Pentagon, Shanksville PA, the Twin Towers, what happened to the fuselage, the wings, the engine, the debris. This has been reasoned away by the high rate of speed in which the planes travelled, and full fuel tanks.
That said, let’s look at a couple photos of crashed Concorde supersonic jets.
The Concord traveled at a typical cruise speed of 1341 mph, much faster than the planes hijacked on 9/11. A 767 travels at a cruise speed of 529 mph, and a 757 at a cruise speed of 528 mph.
Another Concord Crash photo—
The explanation for the small amount of airplane debris, was high heat causing the disintegration of metal, however an intact passport of one of the hijackers was found on the ground.
Here is what was found at the Pentagon: an uncharred mangled bit of aluminum fuselage—
These theories, the official story, and the knowledge of what happened as a result of the events are deeply unsettling. Thousands of innocent people died on that day 16 years ago, and thousands died fighting the thinly veiled war for oil that followed.
If I have a choice, I pick theory 1. It’s the least disturbing and it has a satisfying scapegoat, Dick Cheney, who… is a dick. The other theories, the thought that our own leaders would kill it’s citizens over oil… it’s possible, but harder to accept.
My opinions of why and how events transpired that day are irrelevant. Fearmongering, public manipulation, greed and senseless death—those are my thoughts every year on 9/11. Like I said, I’m a cynic.
<a href=”https://dailypost.wordpress.com/prompts/sympathy/”>Sympathy</a> <a href=”https://dailypost.wordpress.com/prompts/disobey/”>Disobey</a>
4 thoughts on “Theories on 911, 16 Years Later”
Consider a very interesting postom seriously.
Thank you for the information
My immediate reaction to 9/11, apart from grief and horror, was ‘Please ask WHY it happened. WHY does anyone hate the US this much. PLEASE, no knee-jerk reactions.’ But it was as if GWB and his cronies couldn’t wait to get stuck into their ‘war on terror’ – a spurious, fabricated, airy-fairy excuse to pursue their own agenda. I doubt anyone will ever know the truth about 9/11, but Bush’s reaction has resulted in ongoing chaos that’s there for all to see.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Everything appears to be about oil money— with Bush, Cheney, Trump, Putin, Tillerson and who knows how many others.
We accept what we’re told, and many go off to join the military because they believe they’re doing something noble and fighting for freedom. I do not mean to disparage the military; they really are brave and selfless. I just don’t have blind faith in the government’s version of events.