It would seem Donald Trump and Montana Congressman-Elect Greg Gianforte have more in common than their membership in the billionaire politician and reporter hating club. (not a real club) Montana Congressman-Elect Republican Greg Gianforte who famously assaulted a reporter this week, but was still elected to office by the good people of Montana, was just reported to the FBI for his financial ties to US-sanctioned Russian companies.
- Mr. Gianforte supports discrimination of all kinds
- Including against students with disabilities
- He supports a Foundation which will take money from public schools, giving it to unaccountable private schools.
- He does not support women’s reproductive rights.
- He outsources jobs in his own private business, hiring workers using the HB-1 visa program.
- He has ties to white supremacy. Gianforte has donated to the campaigns of white nationalist Taylor Rose, and Robert Saunders, who has a history of anti-black racist views. Gianforte is also linked to Idaho preacher Douglas Wilson, who wrote: “black family has never been stronger than it was under slavery”
- He has ties to ISIS—owns $47,066 in shares of LaFargeHolcum, a company operating a factory in Kobane Syria, paying local armed groups to secure the factory—payment that (according to French news) may have ended up in the hands of ISIS
And the big finish…
- Congressional candidate Greg Gianforte owns shares in Russian index funds
Nice job Montana, because Trump wasn’t bad enough.
*This hatred of the press harbored by corrupt politicians is founded on the real fear that the press has the power to destroy them by infusing truth into political rhetoric.