I am frequently disheartened by what I read in the news, and often angered, but sometimes I smile. Among todays headlines affecting my mood—
• Rudy Giuliani— There is a reason he isn’t working for the White House.
It’s anyone’s guess how will he take the news.
• Jared Kushner, who lied on his FBI security clearance application countless times, still enjoys full access to highly classified information.
John Kelly, seemed intent on revoking Kushner’s temporary clearance status of 13 months, but appears to have changed his mind.
“As I told Jared days ago, I have full confidence in his ability to continue performing his duties in his foreign policy portfolio including overseeing our Israeli-Palestinian peace effort and serving as an integral part of our relationship with Mexico.” ~ John Kelly
• Democrat Linda Belcher, of Bullitt County District in Kentucky, flipped the latest congressional seat from red to blue this week in a 2 to 1 landslide. This adds to wins in Florida, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Missouri, Wisconsin and etc. Republicans would be wise to take this as a reminder that they work for the citizens who elect them, and not the lobbyists who bribe them.
- The well spoken survivors of the latest school shooting are getting more attention than the NRA would like. The Florida high school massacre that left 17 of their classmates and teachers dead, turned students into activists intent on ending the epidemic plaguing American schools, and internet trolls have taken them on. The students goal is to ban assault rifles and reinstate the bill restricting the mentally ill from obtaining guns- the same bill Trump eliminated a year ago. Donald Trump, and Junior have fed the attacks on Twitter, ranging from calling the students “crisis actors”, to accusing their parents of putting words in their mouths. Wasn’t Melania going to combat internet bullying?
• And finally, speaking of Junior, Donald Trump Junior took AirForce One and several members of the secret service to India Tuesday, on tax payers dime, in order to pitch Trump Condos. Hey, that’s my money!
Article 1 Section 9 Clause 8 of the United States Constitution states—
No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.
Clearly, it is mandated by the constitution, Donald Trump can not profit from his position as potus… except to change tax laws, benefitting golf course owners, in his favor.
If Jimmy Carter sold his peanut farm when he was elected…
“Even though I am not mandated by law to do so, I will be leaving my businesses before January 20th so that I can focus full time on the presidency,” ~ Potus Elect Trump
Wait, what? He is mandated by law, ffs. Trump didn’t put his businesses in a blind trust like he promised. Instead he put Dumb and Dumber (Eric and Don Junior) in charge.
So as to not violate the Emoluments Clause of the constitution, slick, spray tanned, trust fund riding Junior Trump, has supposedly taken over the Trump family business, so the bigger, oranger, and more bigly corrupt Trump can “work” for
The trip has been long advertised in Indian newspapers promising buyers opportunities to-
“Join Mr. Donald Trump Jr. for a conversation and dinner.”
And in a full page ad—
“Trump is here. Are you invited?”
Upon arrival Don Junior commented that he likes that the poor people in India smile. These same poor people he and his family exploit with slave wages and toxic working conditions in order to make Trump brand products from stolen designs at rock bottom manufacturing costs… they smiled at him, and he likes it.
Who elected junior anyway? I don’t even know who elected big Trump, but my point is, why is Junior making political speeches on this work trip that we are paying for? What political speeches?
This Friday, while in India, Junior is set to deliver a speech on Indo-Pacific relations. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also be speaking at this summit.
I need a Valium.