Isn’t it ironic, don’t ya think, that the most popular post I’ve written was a post regarding statistics…and how it’s not good to over analyze them? Today’s prompt asks us to do just that. So, in spite of my previous advice to you, I will delve into my statistics as a sacrifice to the Daily Prompt Gods.
My blogging statistics mean everything—or they would if I could figure out how to access them. How many hits each post has gotten, how many likes, comments and blah, blah, blah.
Clearly, of the over 700 posts I’ve published, my numbers should tell me a story that I could then spin into something fascinating to tell you. I am not a numbers gal, I don’t believe in the existence of numbers, however everything is all about numbers in this left side-brain dominated world. So let me dust the cobwebs off that side of my brain and dissect my blogging success:
The Likes Have Spoken:
• No one is interested in my soap box regarding the man’s inhumanity toward man, the disappearing middle class, corporate corruption, taxes, paid off unions, and all that jazz. You have spoken. I’ll suck it up and try to limit my complaints.
• Of my “today I’ll be a poet” posts… they’re hit or miss
• “Fifty word stories”— I’ve written a hundred or so, all with varied success
• Single parenting posts— many can relate, but to wallow in self pity, I can’t even proofread those.
• Posts on the pros and cons of being alone— meh who cares.
• Posts that contain the Yiddish phrase “meh”, (the original Yiddish form was mnyeh)— meh
All this poking at my festering wound of a blog has me wondering, what exactly am I writing about? What is my point? Based on my five most popular posts, (based on likes), I believe the answer is:
To survive in a largely artless world, one must look for humor.
• About me: About Me~ | A lot from Lydia About Me| A lot from Lydia https://alotfromlydia.wordpress.com/about/
• About nothing: The general cusp~ https://alotfromlydia.wordpress.com/2015/06/29/the-generational-cusp/
• About giving advise: Advise to new be bloggers~ https://alotfromlydia.wordpress.com/2016/01/25/my-advise-to-new-be-bloggers/
• About parenting: Visual aids~ https://alotfromlydia.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/visual-aids/
• About an Edward Hopper Painting: 3AM~ https://alotfromlydia.wordpress.com/2014/10/28/3-am/
The Daily Post, February 9, 2016, Daily Prompt: The Stats Connection~ Go to your Stats page and check your top 3-5 posts. Why do you think they’ve been successful? Find the connection between them, and write about it.<a href=”https://dailypost.wordpress.com/prompts/the-stat-connection/”>The Stat Connection</a>