“Hello again, everybody. It’s a bee-yooo-tiful day for baseball.”
Life is a game. You can approach it in a few different ways:
1) The way you were coached to by your parents,
2) The way your team mates approach it,
3) The way your spirit impels you to approach it.
“Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”
The way you handle disappointment can determine the outcome of your game. (life) If you constantly expect the worst outcome, you will make it happen.
“There are three kinds of baseball players:
Those who make things happen,
those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.”
The level of success you achieve in your life can be determined by the following:
1) You are smart and play well.
2) You are surrounded by success, and the tide washes you along for the ride.
3) You wait for the perfect pitch, and you have been waiting for a long time…
“It might be. It could be. It is! A Home Run!”
I’m not waiting for the perfect pitch anymore. I’m leaning into the next pitch, and taking one for the team. The score is tied, it’s the bottom of the ninth, the bases are loaded, and I’m up to bat… and the pitch … It’s a screwball a little high and inside… and…
“Cubs win! Cubs win! Cubs win!”
THE DAILY POST
Oct 21, 2014
The World Series starts tonight! In your own life, what would be the equivalent of a walk-off home run? (For the baseball-averse, that’s a last-minute, back-against-the-wall play that guarantees a dramatic victory.)